Theresa (Tess) Espejo has over 20 years experience in standards, codes and legislation including:
- 17 years with ULC Standards managing technical committees including Cannabis, Fire and Life Safety, Security and Intrusion Alarm;
- 2006 to 2019 – Member of Standing Committee on Hazardous Materials and Activities (National Fire Code of Canada);
- 2020 to 2025 – Member of Standing Committee on Fire Protection (National Building Code of Canada);
- Honourary life member: Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) and member: Canadian Security Association (CANASA), Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and the Canadian Fire Safety Association (CFSA).
- Secretary and Project Manager, ISO International Workshop Agreement on safety, security and sustainability of cannabis facilities and operations (ISO IWA 37)
UL Inc. trains AHJs on how to properly enforce this standard. This opportunity is open for all stakeholders to expand their working knowledge of the impact the CAN/ULC-S1001 standard has on their buildings and projects.
This presentation will provide you with the information you need to ensure you are properly prepared for inspections.